R L Translations can offer desktop publishing as part of your translation package. We cater for all languages and documents, ranging from small sales leaflets to complete manuals.
At R L Translations we are committed to investing in our procedures, tools and methodologies to consistently provide you with a first-class service. We keep up to date with the latest hardware and software developments and can receive your document in most recognised formats. We will ensure that your translation looks as professional as your original document, applying rules on hyphenation particular to each language and checking that punctuation and accents appear correctly.
We can also adapt your existing format to accommodate the special characteristics of some languages, such as right to left reading text. Furthermore, most DTP packages are compatible with our translation memory, thereby keeping your translation costs to a minimum.
Desktop publishing and translation tips:
- Bear in mind that the translation of your source text may be longer than the original document. Try to leave space for text expansion. If the font in the translation needs to be reduced as a last resort, can your document still be easily read?
- Some fonts do not correctly display foreign language characters.
- Try to use easily editable images wherever possible. Embedded text in graphics involves altering the graphic to translate the text, which increases turnaround time and costs.
- Some images may not be appropriate for your target market.
R L Translations appreciates that time is of the essence so your work will be completed in the shortest possible timescale – accurately and on budget. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
R L Translations can work with many applications, including:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)